Disliked animals

We are quite lucky in the UK as there are not many wild animals that are considered dangerous. There is the Adder, which is a venomous snake but bites are rare as they are mostly in uninhabited areas in Scotland and although potentially lethal, deaths are extremely rare if you seek medical attention in a timely manner.

Ahhhhhh, having been born, reared and living in such a primitive, rugged but civilized land like Australia, I can (un)safely say it offers loads of land, air and marine / freshwater animals which go from dangerous to lethal !!! Children are taught to identify, classify and report the presence of dangerous animals at a very early age in primary school. Thus, we must report dangerous animals to the appropriate officials and organizations, but we respect them at the same time. Wild and dangerous animals have the right to inhabit our planet like us. Us Aussies respect Nature and vice versa.
We have : venomous redback spiders, brown snakes, poisonous black/yellow ringed marine snakes, dingoes, marine and freshwater crocodiles, wild magpies (diving birds), flesh-eating white striped spiders, trapdoor spiders, harmless huntsman spiders, dragon lizards, sharks, lethal jellyfish, blu-bottles (smaller bubble type jellyfish), stingrays, electric eels, etc etc etc. Being Aussie, I like all animals big and small, dangerous and not. We still have a respectful and respected contact with Mother Nature - something that most civilized countries have lost down the line.

Australia is a big Country though and the vast interior is sparsely populated so there is plenty of room for wildlife. In contrast the UK is a small highly populated Island and there ain't much room for animals that are not domesticated and potentially lethal animals can't reside alongside dense population.

Australia is a big Country though and the vast interior is sparsely populated so there is plenty of room for wildlife. In contrast the UK is a small highly populated Island and there ain't much room for animals that are not domesticated and potentially lethal animals can't reside alongside dense population.
Totally agree.

I dislike wasps and always try to get them before they get me!
Like all wild animals, they tend to defend their habitat and/or territory.
In any case, if you are not born and reared in a country like Australia like me, you won't understand Mother Nature and her creatures' behaviour.....believe me.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic