Do you know any notable musicians who performed in Hawkind?

Rocky

Lemmy, ginger baker, Robert calvert, Nik turner and Huw lloyd-langton are the notable musicians who performed in Hawkind. However, the band was only associated with its founder, singer, songwriter and guitarist Dave Brock who is the only remaining original member.

Yeah, I really dig Ginger Baker's performance with the Hawks....memorable. Brock is THE man behind the HW project....and may I mention Stacia - ok, she only danced in their shows but Brock and Lemmy always stated she was a staple member of the band.
Peter Wyndorf of Monster Magnet has always said his max inspiration is Brock and you hear this in MM's music :)

Arthur Brown often appears on live gigs as does Samantha Fox. Michael Moorcock the American Science fiction writer also regularly appears to do narrate the words to sonic attack and warrior on the edge of time.

Arthur Brown often appears on live gigs as does Samantha Fox. Michael Moorcock the American Science fiction writer also regularly appears to do narrate the words to sonic attack and warrior on the edge of time.
Samantha Fox you say !! Wow , that's new for me :)....don't get me wrong, I love her blonde hair and other attributes (hehehehehehe :)) and she's the kinda pop singer I listen to for easy listening - but does she even understand the music played by a band like Hawkwind ?? Only asking eh ?!?!!!!!

Samantha Fox you say !! Wow , that's new for me :)....don't get me wrong, I love her blonde hair and other attributes (hehehehehehe :)) and she's the kinda pop singer I listen to for easy listening - but does she even understand the music played by a band like Hawkwind ?? Only asking eh ?!?!!!!!
Yes she has always been a hawkwind fan and often appears as guest singer at gigs. She also recorded the stones's charity track gimme shelter with hawkwind.

Yes she has always been a hawkwind fan and often appears as guest singer at gigs. She also recorded the stones's charity track gimme shelter with hawkwind.

Well, I'm not overly surprised because Sam has a beautiful voice - indeed, I always wondered why some decent songwriter never wrote a good rock song for her - she's wasted singing pop.

The actor Brian Blessed recorded his version of sonic attack with Hawkwind

Last edited:
Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic