Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door

Floyd

Administrator
Staff member
For our interests here, we're considering In Through the Out Door the last proper Led Zeppelin album. 1982's Coda was released after the death of John Bonham in 1980, and consists of unused material from the band's career. So that leaves In Through the Out Door, which—even though it was recorded before Bonham died in 1980—was still an album created during much personal strife within the band.

Zeppelin started recording the record in late 1978, when the band was at a musical crossroads, burnt out on the traditional label structure, and Robert Plant was grieving the loss of his son Karac a year before. The band was uncertain about its future, and that can be heard on an album that has difficulty navigating a new decade where Zeppelin's style of rock was rapidly being exchanged for new emerging trends. While "All My Love" remains a touching tribute to Plant's son, and "Fool in the Rain" became a radio hit, the album is—as a whole—representative of Led Zeppelin's tragic ending.

a1.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree that In Through the Out Door is the last proper album from Led Zeppelin. The band did not record another studio album after that. I don't know the history behind songs and albums but songs like Fool in the Rain and All My Love are some of my all-time favorite songs.

The album also marked the beginning of a new creative period for the band and demonstrated their ability to evolve and adapt to changing musical styles.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic