The Rock Bands & Music Discussion Forum

The Classic Rock Forum. The 1970's was the best decade for rock music. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Deep purple, Hawkwind, Black Sabbath. Let's talk rock!

When did you first hear Pink Floyd?

Kiki66?

I think most people remember the first time they heard Pink Floyd? Or is it just me? I was in high school and the group of boys I hung around with were listening and got me hooked.

Floyd

Administrator
Staff member
By the time I got old enough to go and see them, they were just so big that they were way out of my price range, so no I have never seen the Floyd live unfortunately. Some of my better off mates went to see them in the 90's during that pulse tour.

changeling

Fanatical member
I think it was in '73. I was listening to the radio and on comes a song that shook my rock foundations - I didn't catch the title of the song, but it had just been released ......later I found out it was Money. That demonic hypnotic riff got me hooked forever. Since then, I started digging into the earlier stuff and discovered psychedelic nuggets like See Emily Play, Arnold Layne and Careful with that Axe, Eugene.....it was a retro thing for me.....the rest is history.
Paradoxically, I felt indifference for The Wall and I started to lose interest in PF :)

kk75

For me it was Momentary Lapse of Reason - I was in 7th grade when I first heard Learning to Fly on the radio. I discovered the band retroactively from there. I like the older psychedelic stuff. The Meddle to Animals era is my favorite.

kk75

I think it was in '73. I was listening to the radio and on comes a song that shook my rock foundations - I didn't catch the title of the song, but it had just been released ......later I found out it was Money. That demonic hypnotic riff got me hooked forever. Since then, I started digging into the earlier stuff and discovered psychedelic nuggets like See Emily Play, Arnold Layne and Careful with that Axe, Eugene.....it was a retro thing for me.....the rest is history.
Paradoxically, I felt indifference for The Wall and I started to lose interest in PF :)
Agree with you on The Wall! I rarely listen to the album, and every time I’ve seen the movie I can’t decide if there’s something I’m missing, or if it is just kind of silly.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic