You guys have any idea about Pinkwind?

Rocky

During playing free outside the Bath Festival in 1970 Hawkind Members encountered another Ladbroke Grove based band, the Pink Fairies, who shares similar interests in music and recreational activities, so ultimately a friendship developed between them which led two bands becoming partners and performing as "Pinkwind".

PInk Fairies never really got under my skin, but music-wise, there is no margin for comparison whatsoever between the Hawks and them :)

I have never heard of any members of hawkwind performing under the name Pinkwind and Brock (who is hawkwind) I am sure has never performed under that name. They were forced to change the bands name to Hawklords for a brief time during the late 70's due to ex founding member Nic Turner filing a lawsuit claiming rights to the Hawkwind name. Dave Brock won the case and the right to use the name Hawkwind and he later copyrighted it to avoid future issues.

However you are right the Pink Fairies were a like minded band and appeared at a lot of Hawkwind gigs. Paul Rudolph the bass guitarist from the fairies replaced Lemmy after he left the band.

a1.jpeg

Last edited:
Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic