AC / DC - Back In Black - Album Review

Floyd

Administrator
Staff member
After the Death of Bon Scott, Most people felt the legend of AC/DC was over. This was the first album released since his death...and the legacy of Hard Rock could ask for nothing more. This is nothing but raw, loud, intense Rock at its best. AC/DCs best album IMO, and the total 20 million people that bought the album sinces its release. named 73 on Rolling Stones top 500 album list...which i think is way off anyway, proves that this album peaks almost all others. With this new lineup, Brian Johnson proved he could take AC/DC to new levels...and proved this to be the peak of their success.

Vocals: Brian Johnson

Lead Guitarist: Angus Young

Rythym Guitarist: Malcom Young

Bassist: Cliff Williams

Drummer: Phil Rudd

Here's the review list

1. Hell's Bells / 5:12 - Amazing intro to the CD, starting with the ringing bell and an unforgettable riff by Angus. This song adds so much intensity to the start of the album which doesn't die out till the very end (5/5)

2. Shoot to Thrill / 5:18 - Another great song, probably my favorite. Everything flows so well in this song, its a great follow up to Hells Bells. Offers a great solo which goes into a minute long bridge, and back into another crazy solo, which is when the song ends. What else could you ask for from AC/DC" (5/5)

3. What do you do for Money / 3:35 - A normal AC/DC song...sounds a lot like the rest, only a different guitar solo and lyrics. but no doubt, still is a great song. (4/5)

4. Given the Dog a Bone / 3:32 - yet another average AC/DC song, but has a different style main riff through out the song. It gets a bit repetitive, but good none the less (4/5)

5. Let Me Put My Love Into You / 5:15 - This one has a bit more power than the other songs. Great guitar work, working with the lyrics at some points, and of course, a kick *** solo we've all grown to love with the band. (4/5)

6. Back in Black / 4:16 - If you haven't heard this one, you've never heard AC/DC. Great riff, lyrics..just everything all around couldn't be better. (5/5)

7. You Shook Me All Night Long / 3:30 - Very Catchy intro...first the natural distorted chords into the riff, which flows very well with the drums, and as if the song weren't good enough, the second guitar comes in and it takes off from there. Nice solo...refrain...just a great song. I think this could argueably be a 5/5, but its pretty close in my book, and i don't think its that comparable to Back in Black or hells bells, so a (4/5)

8. have a Drink on Me / 3:59 - Pretty cool guitar work, and isn't totally focused on the main riff. Especially right before and during the refrain. Guitar solo" you know it. and a good one too, getting this song a well earned (4/5)

9. Shake a Leg / 4:06 - Great song you cant help but tap your foot to. Just very powerful and lyrics that i dont quite understand, but hell, there still great. Not as long as i was hoping, but has a Very sweet guitar solo in this one...represents all around rock (4.5/5)

10. Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution / 4:15 - Another of AC/DC's songs about Rock n Roll, what they do best. Only they can make a song about what they do and make it sound incredible...and remind us why we listen to Rock. (5/5)

Overall, this album undoubtably gets a 5/5. Should be part of every persons Record/CD collection. Anyone can just say about every AC/DC song sounds the same...but this album sets itself apart from every other one of their songs made. And a guitar solo on EVERY TRACK...what more could you ask for" If you dont have this album, don't burn it, don't download it, buy it. not having this record is embarrassing.

a1.jpeg

Last edited:
Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic