Blow the doors off Zeppelin?

john

Not a snowball's chance sport. I've seen them both (Sabbath and Zeppelin) numerous times and they're both great, but different from one another. It's all in preference.
do you agree?

Subjective I think is the word both groups are great with mega talented musicians, except I am afraid for Ozzy. Robert Plant is a wonderful vocalist but Ozzy is not. He does have a presence however and a brilliant showman on stage which I guess is why he's so popular.

Check out BETH HART'S new "Tribute To Led Zeppelin" album.
In my opinion she improves on the original songs, such is the power of her voice.
I'm a devoted LED ZEPPELIN & ROBERT PLANT fan, but Beth's album literally "blows the doors off" LED ZEPPELIN for me.
As for BLACK SABBATH, they're so gloomy, doomy and downright miserable. "Paranoid" & "War Pigs" were a good listen though.

I grew up with both Zep and Sabbath and I dig both the same. Of course they are diff from one another. Tony's guitar style is darker and more 'psychy' than Page's.
While I like Plant solo, can't say the same for Ozzy solo.

Plant solo is awesome.
His work with many collaborators, including but not limited to Alison Krauss, is breathtaking.
Sabbath, for me, were & still are a fairly miserable bunch of overrated musos.
But they entertain many rock fans, and did help establish the heavy rock genre, so we can thank them for that at least.

Plant solo is awesome.
His work with many collaborators, including but not limited to Alison Krauss, is breathtaking.
Sabbath, for me, were & still are a fairly miserable bunch of overrated musos.
But they entertain many rock fans, and did help establish the heavy rock genre, so we can thank them for that at least.
Yes, I have all the material released by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (check out AK with her band, Union Station too).
Sabbath and Zep are two very distinct bands, but when I want to listen to dreamier hard rock, I listen to the latter, but when I need to pump up the volume, I put on Suopernaut, for example

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic