Captain Beyond

Motorik

An american supergroup formed in Los Angeles in 1971. It gathered members of Deep Purple (their first vocalist, Rod Evans), Iron Buttefly (Larry "Rhino" Reinhardt and Lee Dorman) and Johnny Winter (Bobby Caldwell). They only released three studio albums during the seventies, and the last one of them (Dawn Explosion) didn't have Rod Evans, apart from being considered their weakest work. I didn't listen to that album yet, but I listened to the other two (Captain Beyond and Sufficiently Breathless). The second one is very good but not amazing. The first one? A freakin' masterpiece. One of the best debut albums ever. Their music could be called a hybrid of hard rock, jazz, prog, psychedelia, space rock and proto metal, at least on the first album. The second one had influences of folk and latin music (due to the inclusion of new members such as Guille García), but is still a pretty good effort. Here you have their debut. As I said, just amazing. 35 minutes of great riffs and rhythms. Enjoy it:

Yes, this was a nearly forgotten and overlooked (to this very day) psych band. I used to have a few of their rigid cover LPs somewhere, but I'll have to do some "dusting" to find them :):).

Yesterday I found their debut on sale. Great purchase without a doubt. I'm thinking about buying their second album, but I'm not sure. Is very good, but not a masterpiece. I'll see.

Yesterday I found their debut on sale. Great purchase without a doubt. I'm thinking about buying their second album, but I'm not sure. Is very good, but not a masterpiece. I'll see.
Well, maybe not a masterpiece in its own right, but it was a very iconic album.

Totally. The first half of Sufficiently Breathless is great. And here in my country I can buy it on internet for 4000 argentinian pesos, which is like 22 dollars. Maybe I'll buy it. Is not expensive and is a good album on its own.

Totally. The first half of Sufficiently Breathless is great. And here in my country I can buy it on internet for 4000 argentinian pesos, which is like 22 dollars. Maybe I'll buy it. Is not expensive and is a good album on its own.
Ok, but I don't think the original mint collector's LP will sell for that low a price.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic