Do you listen Indian music?

My knowledge of Indian music is limited to Bollywood movies. Bollywood movies feature song and dance sequences and Bollywood music is a distinctive genre consisting of modern western music and traditional classical Indian music.

My knowledge of Indian music is limited to Bollywood movies. Bollywood movies feature song and dance sequences and Bollywood music is a distinctive genre consisting of modern western music and traditional classical Indian music.
Nope, but I like music with sitars in it.....does that count ??

Nope, but I like music with sitars in it.....does that count ??
Some Bollywood songs include sitar. However, the sitar is basically an instrument of Indian Classical music. By the way, have you listened to Ravi Shanker and Anmuska Shanker?

Some Bollywood songs include sitar. However, the sitar is basically an instrument of Indian Classical music. By the way, have you listened to Ravi Shanker and Anmuska Shanker?
I was thinking about Ravi ...exactly. The Beatles indulged in some Indian sitar music in their heyday.

Harrison is credited for introducing sitar to the western audience. he played sitar in "Norwegian Wood” Apart from the Beatles The Rolling Stones were influenced by Indian classical music.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic