HAVE YOU BEEN SLAYED?

SKELLYBOY

I just want to kick off a chat about my all time favourite ROCK / POP band . . . SLADE.
A colourful, rumbunctious, rowdy 4 piece from the West Midlands, whose bulk of success was as GLAM ROCK icons in the 70's.
SLADE were not just for Christmas, with six number one hit singles, a bunch of surprisingly varied albums over a 25 year career span, and a live reputation second to none, this band were huge in their heyday, but often overlooked today.
Anyone out there like SLADE?
Are you SLADE - curious?
Wanna dig SLADE, find out more about 'em, well, come to me children, I'm your supply teacher.

I agree Slade were a really good band, especially live. Noddy Holder has a great voice and presence and it is a great pity that he refuses to perform nowadays. I like this early live performance.

"Slade Alive" is cherished by Slade fans, and is widely regarded as one of the best live albums ever made.
It was the band's 3rd album & first to chart.
"Slade On Stage", released in 1982, showcases how far the band had come with both material & their considerable stage craft.

If Slade hadn't existed, they would have had to be created at some point. Noddy Holder is something special in Brit glam rock. His voice is like a bulldozer gone crazee. Slade, the band mom & dad loved to hate, way before bands like AC/DC and Sex Pistols embraced this philosophy.
The other boyZ were the perfect frame for Noddy and his wild antics.

gettyimages-944130170-612x612.jpg

Hi Habi; I totally agree with you. My personal favourite SLADE album is called "Whatever Happened To Slade".
I would be curious to know what you think of it?

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic