K Pop

Justin

Well, I am not a K-pop fan. I have not listened to any k-pop artists. I have heard about the band called BTS but never listened to any of their songs. Interestingly, BTS is growing as one of the most influential musicians of our time. Are there any K-Pop Fans here?

Wow! I didn't expect anyone asking about k-pop here. Actually I got back to my old music addiction thanks to k-pop. And I'm an old goth/metal :D
I can show you a side of this genre you'd never expect. And forget BTS, yeah they did grow incredibly popular and have some good songs, but it's just because they were first with few things. K-pop goes much further than that.
And there are also some incredibly good k-rock groups and singers too!!!

Wow! I didn't expect anyone asking about k-pop here. Actually I got back to my old music addiction thanks to k-pop. And I'm an old goth/metal :D
I can show you a side of this genre you'd never expect. And forget BTS, yeah they did grow incredibly popular and have some good songs, but it's just because they were first with few things. K-pop goes much further than that.
And there are also some incredibly good k-rock groups and singers too!!!
I do believe K Pop goes beyond BTS, BlackPink, Momoland, and the like. However, Gen Z only seems to know about these bands. Thanks to the era of the internet.
I would like to know the scene of Rock Music in Korea and want to know how they are doing in the international arena. I hear FT Island, Nell, and Day 6 are really good.

I do believe K Pop goes beyond BTS, BlackPink, Momoland, and the like. However, Gen Z only seems to know about these bands. Thanks to the era of the internet.
I would like to know the scene of Rock Music in Korea and want to know how they are doing in the international arena. I hear FT Island, Nell, and Day 6 are really good.
You didn't replay for so long, I thought you're not interested after all. Generally K-rock is almost nonexistent outside Korea because it's all obscured by K-POP popularity. But some artists are trying to get some international audience... One (my favorite) rock singer I already recommended in a different thread.
To make things faster just check my playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4u5YNaIBw1vB_RaZJfSdMlA14AOgXSpv it's not only rock, there is some more rock-like pop songs mixed in too, after all K-POP is all about mixing genres :)

Well, I understand the popularity of K-pop in the West, as well as in numerous Asian countries. However, I am not much interested in K-pop or K Rock for that matter. However, as a person who likes listening to English Rock Music, I am also interested in knowing the Rock scene in different countries. That's why I asked about K Rock.

Well, I understand the popularity of K-pop in the West, as well as in numerous Asian countries. However, I am not much interested in K-pop or K Rock for that matter. However, as a person who likes listening to English Rock Music, I am also interested in knowing the Rock scene in different countries. That's why I asked about K Rock.
K-POP popularity is a bit weird, because it's generally limited only to hard K-POP fans (mostly young girls), I don't think there are many people who likes k-pop only moderately, because it's not just a music genre, it's also a subculture (very annoying, though). I'm quite an exception.
Some of K-rock artists release songs in English too, for example ONEWE released a whole album in English recently.
Personally I love discovering music from different countries, even if it's in a language I don't understand. The most important are music and vocals for me, lyrics are secondary thing.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic