Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Bowie

• Neil Young

• Steven Tyler

• Total voters
Some of my favorites are Paul Weller (The Jam) Dan McCafferty (Nazareth) and Jon Anderson the classically trained vocalist in Yes and Jon & Vangelis. Oh yes and the other Anderson AKA Iain Anderson (Jethro Tull)

Some of my favorites are Paul Weller (The Jam) Dan McCafferty (Nazareth) and Jon Anderson the classically trained vocalist in Yes and Jon & Vangelis. Oh yes and the other Anderson AKA Iain Anderson (Jethro Tull)
Some years ago Ian Anderson's voice broke and it seemed that his career would have ended there and then....but his voice came back majestically and he shows it in his latest album. Great singer indeed.

Plant, Daltrey, Bowie. But my personal favorite is Tom Petty. I used to listen to the radio at night as a kid, and I sat bolt upright in my bed the first time I heard Don’t Come Around Here No More (also the first time I had heard Tom Petty at all). His voice was so distinctive, so gravelly and sneering in that particular song, unlike anything else on the radio.

1) Robert Plant
2) Roger Daltrey
3) Jim Morrison

…in that order.

I’m not sure Jim Morrison gets enough credit for his singing abilities.
He may not have the widest range, but Jim Morrison could do a lot with his singing voice.

I voted for Jim Morrison. I have been listening to The Doors for a long time and I really like them. Some of their songs are eternal, but they will never expire, for example, People Are Strange, Roadhouse Blues, etc. I also like Roger Waters (yes, because of The Wall)

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic