Great Bands You Unapologetically Despise

3 above all:
Radiohead
Porcupine Tree
Coidplay
Why? Because they are not rock, they are not pop, they are not psychedelia, they are not soul......in other words, they are not music basically. Why ? It's all in the extremely dire arrangements and melody/harmony lines ....nothing personal :)

It's all about personal taste really, I do like a bit of Supertramp but have never been a fan of American soft rock like Bon Jovi or Springsteen. Springsteen to me just sounds like a (slightly musical) Sylvester Stallone.

It's all about personal taste really, I do like a bit of Supertramp but have never been a fan of American soft rock like Bon Jovi or Springsteen. Springsteen to me just sounds like a (slightly musical) Sylvester Stallone.
Yes, it's easy to fall into the subjective trap, but I avoid that:)

3 above all:
Radiohead
Porcupine Tree
Coidplay
Why? Because they are not rock, they are not pop, they are not psychedelia, they are not soul......in other words, they are not music basically. Why ? It's all in the extremely dire arrangements and melody/harmony lines ....nothing personal :)
Don Costa , Nikka Costa's great late daddy, considered the greatest arranger ever, once said "the difference between a good song and a mediocre one is in the arrangements". He was right of course :)

The SMITHs, so depressing.
COLDPLAY, so bland.
SLADY, a female SLADE? That's like having a male MADONNA, ugh!
GENESIS, so eccentric that they come across as really daft.
BLACK SABBATH, so dismal.

I agree 90 % with the bands you mentioned except Slady which I don't know and Sabbath which are a pretty good band, if not great.

My choice is:
Porcupine Tree, extremely useless band.
Radiohead, pompous and useless to the marrow.
Marillion, they sound like amateurs.
Metallica, overrated and totally useless to rock.
Rammstein, worst "boy band" in rock.
Manowar, fascist and racist , nothing to do with rock.

The only exception to your list, "changeling", is METALLICA.
I think "Enter Sandman" & "Nothing Else Matters" are exremely good songs.
The rest? As you say :- useless!

It's all subjective really, not a big fan of Metallica, too thrashy but Marillion's misplaced childhood is one of my alltime favorite albums.

The only exception to your list, "changeling", is METALLICA.
I think "Enter Sandman" & "Nothing Else Matters" are exremely good songs.
The rest? As you say :- useless!
Of course, I like Enter Sandman, but NEM is a drag really. I prefer Megadeth, Metallica's eternal opponents :)

It's all subjective really, not a big fan of Metallica, too thrashy but Marillion's misplaced childhood is one of my alltime favorite albums.

Yes , think I've said it before, music IS subjective, but at some point and technically speaking, a sort of shitlist has to necessarily be drawn up.

Last edited:
ABBA are on my shitlist.
I'd rather watch my toenails grow than listen to their warbling.
Hahahahahaha , to each his own.
Anyway, I'd rather look at Agnetha's ......ehm ehm toenails...rather than listen to bands like Radiohead, just to name one crappy band :)

dda120ffb76e2e0ce4d6d181669303b0--abba-musical-the-pop.jpg

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic