Led Zeppelin - led Zeppelin 1V

Floyd

Administrator
Staff member
It feels almost impossible to rank any album other than IV at the top of this list. Just one glance at the track list—"Black Dog," "Rock and Roll," "The Battle of Evermore," "Stairway to Heaven," "When the Levee Breaks," "Misty Mountain Hop," "Four Sticks," "Going to California"—is a collection of the most essential rock tracks in music history. In fact, upon writing that sentence I didn't plan on listing every track on the record, but couldn't decide which songs to leave out.
"Stairway to Heaven" is a cliche in this genre for a reason. There are entire books written about this song. Entire works about Page's solo alone, one that has never been recreated since. But that one song is somehow not enough to overshadow the rest of the record, which in just eight tracks manages to hit the entire scope of Led Zeppelin music, from blues to ballads to hard rock.

What's interesting is that IV became such a stereotype of rock music success that both critics and fans have developed a biased hatred for it, as Steve Hyden explained in his book, Twilight of the Gods. Despite being viewed as a boilerplate rock album in 2019, it's impossible to ignore the lasting influence and success of IV.

Track Listing:
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
The Battle Of Evermore
Stairway To Heaven
Misty Mountain Hop
Four Sticks
Going To California
When The Levee Breaks

a1.jpeg

Last edited:
This untitled album was considered one of the best albums of all time and it did receive commercial and critical success. The album actually encompassed heavy metal, filk, pure rock, and blues.

The Battle of Evermore. A fantastic duo with the great, late Sandy Denny. The only Led Zeppelin collaboration with another singer. I love this song.

If I have to choose the best Led Zepplin album, this would be on my top list. Some of the songs from this album such as Stairway To Heaven, Black Dog, and Going To California are considered as some of the best songs from Led Zeppelin. I have this album in my collection.

I like the last rack, when the Levee breaks. An old blues number from the 1930's and all the more relevant in these days of climate change.

It feels almost impossible to rank any album other than IV at the top of this list. Just one glance at the track list—"Black Dog," "Rock and Roll," "The Battle of Evermore," "Stairway to Heaven," "When the Levee Breaks," "Misty Mountain Hop," "Four Sticks," "Going to California"—is a collection of the most essential rock tracks in music history. In fact, upon writing that sentence I didn't plan on listing every track on the record, but couldn't decide which songs to leave out.
"Stairway to Heaven" is a cliche in this genre for a reason. There are entire books written about this song. Entire works about Page's solo alone, one that has never been recreated since. But that one song is somehow not enough to overshadow the rest of the record, which in just eight tracks manages to hit the entire scope of Led Zeppelin music, from blues to ballads to hard rock.

What's interesting is that IV became such a stereotype of rock music success that both critics and fans have developed a biased hatred for it, as Steve Hyden explained in his book, Twilight of the Gods. Despite being viewed as a boilerplate rock album in 2019, it's impossible to ignore the lasting influence and success of IV.

Track Listing:
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
The Battle Of Evermore
Stairway To Heaven
Misty Mountain Hop
Four Sticks
Going To California
When The Levee Breaks

View attachment 26
Despite its widespread acclaim, Led Zeppelin IV has also faced criticism and backlash over the years, perhaps due to its ubiquitous presence in popular culture. However, its lasting influence and enduring legacy cannot be denied. It remains a timeless classic that continues to captivate new generations of music fans, cementing Led Zeppelin's place as one of the greatest rock bands of all time.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic