Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Floyd

Administrator
Staff member
Widely considered the last great Zeppelin album, Physical Graffiti marked the band's best attempt at experimentation. And although it doesn't have as many classic Zeppelin hits among its massive 15 tracks, it makes for some of the bands most interesting work. Tracks like "Kashmir" and "Trampled Under Foot" are unexpected deviations that the band pulled off in an incredible way.

Beyond that, Physical Graffiti is a treasure chest of Zeppelin deep cuts, with a half dozen great tracks like "Ten Years Gone" that haven't become over-played over the last four decades. There's even the weirdo charm of "Boogie with Stu" that features Ian Stewart from the Rolling Stones, and somehow works on this album.

a1.jpeg

Last edited:
Last year I was rebuilding my iTunes library after my laptop failed. While I was ripping compact discs into iTunes, I was quietly ranking albums released in each year. I ranked Physical Graffiti number one for the year 1975.
"In The Light" was one of those songs they did not play on the radio and I remember listening to the album with a friend the first few times. The song was always such a great mood. "Ten Years Gone" and "Bron Yr Aur", many great songs on that album.

Tears streaming down my cheeks whilst listening to Ten Years Gone. The sensuality, the layers, the emotions, the depth oh how beautiful

I was introduced to Zeppelin Through Kashmir, and this is one of my best songs not only from Zeppelin but all the artists I listen to. Therefore, it is obvious that Physical Graffiti is one of my best music albums.

Widely considered the last great Zeppelin album, Physical Graffiti marked the band's best attempt at experimentation. And although it doesn't have as many classic Zeppelin hits among its massive 15 tracks, it makes for some of the bands most interesting work. Tracks like "Kashmir" and "Trampled Under Foot" are unexpected deviations that the band pulled off in an incredible way.

Beyond that, Physical Graffiti is a treasure chest of Zeppelin deep cuts, with a half dozen great tracks like "Ten Years Gone" that haven't become over-played over the last four decades. There's even the weirdo charm of "Boogie with Stu" that features Ian Stewart from the Rolling Stones, and somehow works on this album.

View attachment 25

Stream Or Download Album
Physical Graffiti was a commercial and critical success, reaching number one on the album charts in several countries and solidifying Led Zeppelin's status as one of the biggest rock bands of the 1970s. Today, the album is widely regarded as a classic of the hard rock genre and continues to be an influence on generations of musicians.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic