Poll: Top Three Rock Blues Guitarists

Please Choose your Top Five Guitarists From The List

• Total voters
Whilst it is a great list, you're missing the three guitarists, who, in my opinion, are the best blues guitarists: the three kings.
B.B. King, Freddie King and Albert King.

I can't get enough of Muddy Waters.
Ironic that Jimmy Page was there though.
You know... the
Here is an excellent tribute to Muddy Waters by Paul Rogers of Free and Bad Company, there are loads of famous guest contributors as well including Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Dave Gilmore.

I can't get enough of Muddy Waters.
Ironic that Jimmy Page was there though.
You know... the whole thing with Whole Lotta Love and You Need Love

Of course Page was in the Yarbirds before he formed Zeppelin along with Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton, so it's not really surprising that he brought the blues influence into the band.
Yes, of course this the case. And as Led Zeppelin grew older (and, of course, Jimmy Page), Page wrote more original songs. 'Whole Lotta Love' was released a year after Zeppelin formed and a year after he left the Yardbirds. And to be honest, I didn't notice any similarities between the two until I was listening to 'You Need Love'. But the music is completely different to the Willie Dixon song. And, after all, you can't deny Page is a superb guitar player.

Page is a superb guitar player.

Yes he is but Zep were one of those bands where all the musicians were brilliant, a bit like the who and Rush but unlike Status Quo and Pink Floyd. Floyd in my opinion only ever had one outstanding musician (Gilmore) which is why they could carry on when various members departed. Same with Quo, where as Zep, the who and Rush all split up or stopped touring and recording after one or more left or died.

Yes he is but Zep were one of those bands where all the musicians were brilliant, a bit like the who and Rush but unlike Status Quo and Pink Floyd. Floyd in my opinion only ever had one outstanding musician (Gilmore) which is why they could carry on when various members departed. Same with Quo, where as Zep, the who and Rush all split up or stopped touring and recording after one or more left or died.
I think for Floyd you can add Wright and Barrett to the list, but Roger is a lyricist and he always will be, and Nick is a drummer.

Yes but you can still have pink floyd without either one or even two of those musicians replaced with session musicians but you just can't have pink floyd (IMO) without the distinctive guitar and vocals of Gilmore.

He is also an accomplished Bass guitarist but I don't think he is an astounding Bass Guitarist like Jones, Lee or Entwistle
Yes, of course, songs like Money and Shine On Your Crazy Diamond prove that. But he has always been (or, at least since Syd's departure from Pink Floyd) more of a lyricist.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic