Progressive Rock From The Underground

Hi,

I take this opportunity to promote my spotify playlist: Underground Progressive Rock

It includes Progressive rock songs from all around the world. I think it 's a versatile playlist with many different kinds of sounds and styles.
What all these bands have in common is that they are not well known to the general public so there's a good chance that you'll find songs you've never heard before. And atleast in this case being underground does not take anything away from the quality.

It would also be nice to get suggestions, either of your own bands or just bands you like and think would fit on this playlist.
Edit: Now you can also send me submissions through Soundplate.com
It is easy and fast process to do. Ofcourse I also follow this forum and looking for music from here too.

If you happen to like this playlist and you would like to keep up with new music what comes to this playlist, then you should start following it. You can do it by pressing the heart icon.
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Hi PrognRoll .....nice to have you among us.
Underground to me is synonymous to quality. On the contrary, 50% of the so called mainstream / emerged prog is garbage or very close to it. Actually, I believe the underground stuff should remain that way.....paradoxically....so that it can continue to represent and influence emerging acts. Record sales, platinum or gold records, top-of-the-pop acts, excessive radio and TV play, etc are not always synonymous to quality music.
Jethro Tull is a clear example: they created some intensely magical songs and they ALSO made lots of money with it.....but what remains is the majesty of their music ! Music is art, not stocks on the stock market.

Hi PrognRoll .....nice to have you among us.
Underground to me is synonymous to quality. On the contrary, 50% of the so called mainstream / emerged prog is garbage or very close to it. Actually, I believe the underground stuff should remain that way.....paradoxically....so that it can continue to represent and influence emerging acts. Record sales, platinum or gold records, top-of-the-pop acts, excessive radio and TV play, etc are not always synonymous to quality music.
Jethro Tull is a clear example: they created some intensely magical songs and they ALSO made lots of money with it.....but what remains is the majesty of their music ! Music is art, not stocks on the stock market.
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. It is always nice to have discussions and different opinions about things. If I'm completely honest, I don't think either mainstream or underground is synonymous with quality. When music is bad, it is bad. It doesn't matter if it has a lot of listeners or not. The same applies in reverse. When I said " in this case, being underground is not out of quality" I didn't mean that it usually automatically would be. That was just a phrase I thought would get attention for my playlist. Maybe it gave a slightly wrong impression of how I feel about lesser-known music.
But it's nice to know that you appreciate underground music. You should check out my playlist. You'll probably find at least a couple of songs you like.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. It is always nice to have discussions and different opinions about things. If I'm completely honest, I don't think either mainstream or underground is synonymous with quality. When music is bad, it is bad. It doesn't matter if it has a lot of listeners or not. The same applies in reverse. When I said " in this case, being underground is not out of quality" I didn't mean that it usually automatically would be. That was just a phrase I thought would get attention for my playlist. Maybe it gave a slightly wrong impression of how I feel about lesser-known music.
But it's nice to know that you appreciate underground music. You should check out my playlist. You'll probably find at least a couple of songs you like.
Yes, I see your point. Some underground prog is not up to standard.....my standard of course.....because music Is quite subjective.
I will listen to your playlist ...who knows, maybe I'll be surprised. .....I'm always on the lookout for some eclectic new stuff out there :)

Yes, I see your point. Some underground prog is not up to standard.....my standard of course.....because music Is quite subjective.
I will listen to your playlist ...who knows, maybe I'll be surprised. .....I'm always on the lookout for some eclectic new stuff out there :)
I agree on that music is quite subjective. It also makes it difficult to express opinions about it. There are so many point of views. Maybe that’s part of why it’s fun to talk about it, though. Anyway I slightly edited my original text so now it doesn't seem as much that I would downplay lesser-known music.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic