The Rock Bands & Music Discussion Forum

The Classic Rock Forum. The 1970's was the best decade for rock music. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Deep purple, Hawkwind, Black Sabbath. Let's talk rock!

Psychedelic rock

changeling

Fanatical member
I did a quickie lookie for a thread on psychedelic music (or stoner, as it is called today) and I didn't find any.....I'd like to start a thread on this ultimately overlooked genre created in the 1960s and still kicking today through various revivals and reboots (e.g. Paisley Underground scene in the 80s).
Of course this includes post punk, garage, fuzzrock, psych folk and the like.
Don't be shy , just dig in.....,

One of my fav classic psych bands and albums

Last edited:

Floyd

Administrator
Staff member
Pink Floyd's first couple of albums are in that genre as is Hawkwinds self titled first album as well as bands like the Pink fairies.

changeling

Fanatical member
Of course early Floyd and HW did indeed incarnate psychedelia at its best, but I have since moved on from those forefathers because I wanted to see how this underrated genre evolved in 50 odd years. The 2 above-mentioned outfits are Brit bands and greatly represent the British scene in full, but the U.S.A. ksushed out some of the most sensational psychedelic/garage music ever.....

changeling

Fanatical member
Melissa auf Der Maur ....once bassist in Courtney Love's Hole and later in Smashing Pumpkins as well.....she released a rather psyched out song & album

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic