Roger Daltrey - Can't Wait to See the Movie - Album Review

Floyd

Administrator
Staff member
Daltrey (middle-aged man) to Rick Astley (young pop singer) but within the album there is some great tracks. GOOD TRACKS there are some hidden minor treasures to say the least "READY FOR LOVE" 3.5/5) is a lovely pop balled written by Kit Hain with some good vocals and synthesizer "BALANCE ON WIRES" (3/5) the song isn't great but does remind me of Who classic "Behind Blue Eyes" only trading good acoustic guitar for over-the-top keyboard playing by Don Snow that leads into a very heavy rock guitar solo and roaring vocals by Daltrey that remind you of the infamous scream in "Won't Get Fooled Again" but many fans would be turned away from this song right at the start (Not to mention the first two tracks) "THE PRICE OF LOVE" (4/5) a more romantic song with some great saxophone playing by David Boruff that tells the story of a young man falling in love and then being told to leave her, Well, that must be The Price of Love. "THE HEART HAS IT'S REASONS" (3.5/5) a nice little pop number thats well worth a listen "LOVER'S STORM" (4.5/5) Daltrey let's go of his old boring voice and the long awaited roaring vocals set in with a truly great song "TAKE ME HOME" (3/5) the song starts of with some interesting synthesizer work but quickly turns into a over the top synthesizer with vocals that sound like Rod Stewart. So is this what you would want from a rock god. (long awaited Answer) NO. Can't Wait to See the Movie well I bet Daltrey Can't Wait to Sell the Record.

Tracklist for Can't Wait to See the Movie:

1. Hearts of Fire

2. When the Thunder Comes

3. Ready for Love

4. Balance on Wires

5. Miracle of Love

6. The Price of Love

7. The Heart Has Its Reasons

8. Alone in the Night

9. Lover's Storm

10. Take Me Home

a1.jpeg