The Faces

Floyd

Administrator
Staff member
The Faces were an English rock band formed in 1969 by members of Small Faces after lead singer/guitarist Steve Marriott left that group to form Humble Pie. The remaining Small Faces — Ian McLagan (keyboards), Ronnie Lane (bass guitar), and Kenney Jones (drums and percussion) — were joined by Ronnie Wood (guitar) and Rod Stewart (lead vocals), both from The Jeff Beck Group, and the new line-up was renamed Faces.

a1.jpeg

I have been saying for years and years that The Faces could have been as big and long-lived as The Rolling Stones, if only Rod Stewart would have committed himself 100% to the band, instead of working his solo thing. Yeah, that worked out great for him, but I just have to wonder what great rock music we missed out on.

“Stay With Me” The Faces (live 1972)

I have been saying for years and years that The Faces could have been as big and long-lived as The Rolling Stones, if only Rod Stewart would have committed himself 100% to the band, instead of working his solo thing. Yeah, that worked out great for him, but I just have to wonder what great rock music we missed out on.

“Stay With Me” The Faces (live 1972)

My mom used to sing this song, or I guess just the chorus, all the time when we were kids. I love her and I'm glad it stuck in my mind long enough for me to find it and hear what she heard when she was growing up

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic