The Gun Club

Motorik

With the leadership of former head of the Blondie fan club in Los Angeles, The Gun Club was a pioneer when it comes to mixing punk with americana. Imagine The White Stripes in the 80s and even better (and this is not an insult to the band of Jack and Meg White, which is great too). The leader of this band, Jeffrey Lee Pierce, might be the best and most distinctive guitarrist in the whole genre (with Johnny Thunders, at least). You may notice that I'm not mentioning other members of the group, but that's because there were a lot. About their discography, they released seven studio records (plus one EP: "Death Party"), but I only listened to the first four so far. Even while it is said that their best album is their debut ("Fire of Love"), my favourite is their second effort: "Miami". But all of which I listened to so far is great, so there's no loss in listening to their output beyond those two. Here's a song from them. Enjoy and I hope I encouraged you to listen to this overlooked yet great band:

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic