The Top 40 Pop Artists of All Time

Lundquist

Any serious pop music collection begins here, with the 40 most essential pop music artists to know. The list is based on commercial success as well as quality and timelessness of the artist's music. Suggested tracks are included to get you started. These performers are the bedrock of popular music.

It’s important to note an omission from this list. Records sales during the 1930s were not as closely publicly monitored as they are today, so it’s not possible to confirm how many records Bing Crosby has sold. Some estimates have put the crooner’s worldwide record sales as high as 1 billion, on par with Elvis Presley. At least 29 of his single recordings reached No. 1 on the Billboard charts (which began in their modern form in 1940), and his rendition of “White Christmas” still ranks as the top-selling single of all time. The original recording was No. 1 for 11 weeks in pop

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the rockier side of music, but I can appreciate a good pop tune when I hear one. Ehm, shouldn't there be a link or something in your list ?
Anyway, a good pop act were Lee Hazelwood / Nancy Sinatra duet.

If I have to make a list of top Pop Artists of all time, I will always include Adele. Her songs are timeless. I also like Stevie Wonder (but his songs are a mixture of R&B, pop, soul, gospel, funk, and jazz). Pink is another pop singer I like listening to. I also like listening to Whitney Houston.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic