Thoughts On 'The Endless River'?

Ashes And Diamonds

I know that the popular opinion on 'The Endless River' is that it's there worst, but I personally loved it. It wasn't really a Pink Floyd album to me, more like a David Gilmour and Rick Wright collaboration that just so happened to have Nick Mason on drums, but, the songs were great nonetheless. In my opinion, it's far better than AMLOR. I think it should have been a part of a later years box set though, personally.

It kinda reminds me of Led Zeppilin's Coda album, right at the end of their carrer it is mostly outtakes and cuttings that never made it onto previous albums.

I quite like this album; I'd rather listen to it than listen to The Wall....any ol' day :):)
As much as I love the album, I personally would rather the Wall... and The Final Cut... honestly, every one of their albums excluding Momentary Lapse (the only Floyd album that had a few songs I didn't like) or More (I love all the songs on the album, but I'm not a big fan of the album... it's confusing). And yes, I am implying that. as much as I absolutely love The Endless River, I would rather listen to Ummagumma... there we go, I said it, I love Ummagumma, Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict is actually one of my favourite songs, there's something about it that I just love.

As much as I love the album, I personally would rather the Wall... and The Final Cut... honestly, every one of their albums excluding Momentary Lapse (the only Floyd album that had a few songs I didn't like) or More (I love all the songs on the album, but I'm not a big fan of the album... it's confusing). And yes, I am implying that. as much as I absolutely love The Endless River, I would rather listen to Ummagumma... there we go, I said it, I love Ummagumma, Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict is actually one of my favourite songs, there's something about it that I just love.
No problems ! Just as long as the over pompous and overrated The Wall is stomped by the other worthier albums you mentioned :):)

No problems ! Just as long as the over pompous and overrated The Wall is stomped by the other worthier albums you mentioned :):)
To me, at least, The Wall is second only to The Final Cut, but there's a bit of bias with that. When I was three my grandfather showed me his DVD of Roger Waters The Wall Live In Berlin (1990) and I honestly fell in love with Pink Floyd after that. He also showed me Roger's In The Flesh DVD, Pink Floyd's P.U.L.S.E, Delicate Sound Of Thunder and Live At Pompeii. However, he warned me against listening to anything released before Meddle, and not to listen to Obscured By Clouds... of course, I didn't listen, and thank god I didn't because I bloody love them. Now, to me at least, the only thing overrated about The Wall is Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 2.
On the other hand, I don't know if The Wall is overrated, or the rest of their albums are underrated. All the albums from Piper to Obscured were definitely underrated, I have mixed feelings about Animals being underrated, The Final Cut is definitely underrated, and with Momentary Lapse Of Reason, as much as I dislike a lot of the songs on it (the only Floyd songs that I don't like can be found on the album), I think that album is underrated. The popular opinion is that Learning To Fly is the only good song on it, but I also liked Signs Of Life, On The Turning Away, Dogs Of War, Terminal Frost and Sorrow. And, of course, Endless River is way too underrated. But let's not forget how underrated Scream Thy Last Scream, It Would Be So Nice, Point Me At The Sky, Paintbox, Apples And Oranges, Julia Dream, Biding My Time and Candy And A Current Bun are.?‍♂️

It is odd that you have talked about almost every PF album but not a single mention about DSotM or wish you were here, what are thoughts about them?
Yeah, I just noticed that.
I love both Dark Side and Wish You Were Here, and it's hard to decide whether they are underrated or not. I disagree that they're are overrated, and I actually think Dark Side is reasonably underrated. I get that it's one of the most popular and most loved albums, but I think it deserves more. It can't even be given a genre, it's genre is Pink Floyd. Not rock or psychedelic or prog, just Pink Floyd. Wish You Were Here definitely deserves the same recognition as Dark Side, so, come to think of it, I guess they are underrated. In my opinion, every Floyd album, excluding More (as much as I love it), AMLOR, and Endless River (again, as much as I love it) deserves the same recognition as Dark Side deserves

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic