What`s so good about classical music?

julianad

Why is this type of music so idolized and why are some classical music composers considered to be the greatest of all time? I know it's been around for centuries and there's a lot of theory behind every piece, but why do people like listening to it?

Most people will tell me you don't have to understand classical music, just enjoy it, but in all honesty I can't feel anything when listening to it. How do you feel about classical music?

Hi there, I guess that anyone who writes or composes music, whether modern or classic can only work with the instruments available at the time. Back in Bach or Beethoven's time, there was only acoustic instruments like the piano and those you will find in an orchestra, hence the type of music that those composers produced.

Then in the 1950's the electric guitar and other electrically amplified instruments were invented which changed the type and style of music for ever, later with synthesisers music evolved further.

As for which is best, simply none. Music is subjective and mostly down to taste.

Why is this type of music so idolized and why are some classical music composers considered to be the greatest of all time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Classical music has a long and storied history that spans several centuries. It has been composed and performed by some of the greatest musical minds in history, such as Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, and many others. This rich heritage has resulted in a vast repertoire of masterpieces.

Many classical music works have the ability to tell stories and convey powerful emotions without the need for words. This makes it possible for classical music to communicate with listeners on a deep emotional and psychological level.

Classical music's appeal lies in its rich emotional depth, intricate compositions, and historical significance. Appreciation often grows with exposure and understanding. Personal enjoyment varies, so exploring different styles may help connect emotionally.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic