Hawkwind

Music itself is a liberating experience and their music is something that is out of the world......kind of futuristic in its taste and gives us a feel of thinking out of the box and not settling to go with the common flow.

Music itself is a liberating experience and their music is something that is out of the world......kind of futuristic in its taste and gives us a feel of thinking out of the box and not settling to go with the common flow.
Yes, luckily I had HW to listen to during the "pandemic" (not) and could easily think out of the box of what was really happening during the various Covid lockdowns :):)

And what to say about gorgeous Stacia in all Hawks' gigs ......strange to see her with clothes on.....:):):):)
She was only there in the early days. Apparently she was hitching a lift at a service station while they were between gigs and ended up joining the band as a dancer. They still have dancers but with (most) of their clothes on nowadays.

Yes there is a video as well from about that time when they had a female singer in the band, Karen Wishart I think her name is.

Sorry for the typos up there, but I am in the middle of a booze party......lots of HW and Atomic Rooster playing of course :)

I know it's Sunday and tomorrow is the start of a new working week, but let's make the best of it, for tomorrow we may not be here anymore .......
Peace & love .....
860090a1740f238dfc46821eb3d3724c--notebook-doodles-rainbow-heart.jpg

The only Hawkwind track that ever gets played on the radio is their No 2 hit Silver Machine. After that they released Urban Guerilla which had lyrics like 'I'm an urban guerilla, I make bombs in my cellar' at a time when the IRA was doing a bombing campaign in the UK so the BBC banned it and they never got any of their music played on the radio after that but you know, they had their fan base and they kept selling albums never the less.

The only Hawkwind track that ever gets played on the radio is their No 2 hit Silver Machine. After that they released Urban Guerilla which had lyrics like 'I'm an urban guerilla, I make bombs in my cellar' at a time when the IRA was doing a bombing campaign in the UK so the BBC banned it and they never got any of their music played on the radio after that but you know, they had their fan base and they kept selling albums never the less.

Same thing happened to MC5 :)

I saw Status Quo there in the late 70's and is where they recorded this iconic live album

a1.jpeg

The Apollo closed it's doors for good in 1985 so I never saw hawkwind there but I have saw them at Glasgow Borrowlands (pronounced baralands) probably more than anywhere else as it is the closest venue.

I saw Status Quo there in the late 70's and is where they recorded this iconic live album

View attachment 1728

The Apollo closed it's doors for good in 1985 so I never saw hawkwind there but I have saw them at Glasgow Borrowlands (pronounced baralands) probably more than anywhere else as it is the closest venue.
That's a pity.....did you know of the concert there in '82 ?

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic