Only started listening to Hawkwind a few days ago and my mind is honestly blown

jerrymiah

I've quickly become a huge fan of the albums In Search of Space and Doremi Fasol Latido. What's really blown me away though is that when first listening to the albums, I kept thinking things like "this part is very sabbath like" or "this is extremely pink floydish" or "the drumming here feels very Zeppelin influenced" and things along those lines thinking they must've been influenced by them. That was until I realized that this band was making music during the same exact time period and even released two of their best albums before some of those bands had released their critically acclaimed classics and they are simply just another awesome band from that time period that just unfortunately didn't get nearly as much recognition. I genuinely can't believe this band isn't more recognized today along with other bands like those I've mentioned before as legends. This band is truly a gem and something special. So glad I decided to finally listen to their music and I plan on exploring further in the future.

I've quickly become a huge fan of the albums In Search of Space and Doremi Fasol Latido. What's really blown me away though is that when first listening to the albums, I kept thinking things like "this part is very sabbath like" or "this is extremely pink floydish" or "the drumming here feels very Zeppelin influenced" and things along those lines thinking they must've been influenced by them. That was until I realized that this band was making music during the same exact time period and even released two of their best albums before some of those bands had released their critically acclaimed classics and they are simply just another awesome band from that time period that just unfortunately didn't get nearly as much recognition. I genuinely can't believe this band isn't more recognized today along with other bands like those I've mentioned before as legends. This band is truly a gem and something special. So glad I decided to finally listen to their music and I plan on exploring further in the future.
Can I ask a silly, but legit question ? How old are you man ?:). I remember when I first heard Orgone Accumulator I thought I had been abducted by some kind of turbo - futuristic Transformer or something :):)

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic