Rock photography / photographers

Happy 75th to Marc Bolan, a ray of light for many a teen in the 60s and 70s.....gone too soon, but never forgotten :(

FB_IMG_1664619769600.jpgFB_IMG_1664619723576.jpg

Dunn photographed Led Zeppelin from 1969 and published his work in this great photo book.....just got it in the mail for $50

Led-Zeppelin-Book-They-Ask-No-Quarter-6.w790.h790.backdrop.jpgLed-Zeppelin-Book-They-Ask-No-Quarter-4.w790.h790.backdrop.jpgLed-Zeppelin-Book-They-Ask-No-Quarter-2.w790.h790.backdrop.jpgLed-Zeppelin-Book-They-Ask-No-Quarter-7.w790.h790.backdrop.jpg

R.I.P. Jerry.....the night sky has just become much darker without your star :(:(:(.....the last of the original true rockers - JLL, Little Richard and Chuck Berry - all gone :(:(

FB_IMG_1667136498821.jpgFB_IMG_1667136522042.jpg

Last edited:
Jimi, the man - in the UK

PJm-DHjt-Erp-Db-Fw-XWEXsch-L-650-80-jpg.webp

uaf6q-PHDyisb-Af-P3m-F9-LGJ-650-80-jpg.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought of posting this cool photo of Jimi and his UK band while reading Janie's (Jimi's sis) Q&A session with Kramer (Jimi's engineer) online , together with my g f snuggling up in front of our fireplace sipping good Cognac after s hearty dinner :):)

attachment-GettyImages-103933793.jpg

The late great Duane Allman, probably one of the best blues guitarists, largely forgotten now because he was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident in the early 70's but was along with his brother Greg (also now dead) part of the original Allman brothers band.

duane-a.jpeg

I never got into the Allman Bros - or better still, they never got into me :):)....but don't ask me why, I've never , to date, found out !! Could be that I was into something heavier like Lynyrd Skynyrd in that period !:)

The Allmans and Skynyrd are from the same neck of the woods and share some of their musical roots. Greg Allman (who later married Cher) is a brilliant singer with a Unique voice and the twin lead guitar set up is kinda unique as well except for maybe the UK's Wishbone ash. Live recordings of Duane are rare because of his untimely death but here is him doing the Whipping Post.

...and here is a (later) full concert with Dicky Betts, another brilliant guitarist.

The Allmans and Skynyrd are from the same neck of the woods and share some of their musical roots. Greg Allman (who later married Cher) is a brilliant singer with a Unique voice and the twin lead guitar set up is kinda unique as well except for maybe the UK's Wishbone ash. Live recordings of Duane are rare because of his untimely death but here is him doing the Whipping Post.

...and here is a (later) full concert with Dicky Betts, another brilliant guitarist.

Ronnie van Zandt alone eats off the Allman's Bros heads ....in MY rockbook that is :):)

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic