The ladies of rock

B

BeatleMatt

Im a big fan of this album from the 90's
Hormonally Yours - Shakespear's Sister
They were a blend of Bananarama and "Lay Down Sally"

B

BeatleMatt

The moody female was in Bananarama and the high voice is Marcy Leavy. She sang with Eric Clapton on a few albums. Hormonally Yours is a really good album but version available today have some unfortunate remixes. You just get use to somethings being one way. You know? Maybe they wanted to redistribute royalties or something but the original release is a bit different than what is available now.
Anyway...

B

BeatleMatt

I have. I have a lot of Liz's albums. whitechocolatespaceegg is great! I have maybe five of her albums.

changeling

changeling

A Rock God
The moody female was in Bananarama and the high voice is Marcy Leavy. She sang with Eric Clapton on a few albums. Hormonally Yours is a really good album but version available today have some unfortunate remixes. You just get use to somethings being one way. You know? Maybe they wanted to redistribute royalties or something but the original release is a bit different than what is available now.
Anyway...
Talking about Bananarama, their version of the Shocking Blue classic "Venus" is poppishly alright, but nothing beats Mariska's (RIP :() sweet sexy voice :)

B

BeatleMatt

Ever heard of Liz Phair ?

I had tickets last year when Liz was touring with Alanis Morissette and Garbage. I had seem Alanis with Garbage once before so I was really excited to see Liz. She had to drop off the tour though.
She has a lot of honest sexuality in some of her lyrics.

changeling

changeling

A Rock God
I had tickets last year when Liz was touring with Alanis Morissette and Garbage. I had seem Alanis with Garbage once before so I was really excited to see Liz. She had to drop off the tour though.
She has a lot of honest sexuality in some of her lyrics.
Well, Liz Is quite a sexy lass herself and she shows it in her lyrics (which very often come with a "warning....explicit lyrics" sticker on her albums :) ).

B

BeatleMatt

Cat Power took Liz Phairs slot on the recent Alanis Morissette tour. I had not heard of her up to that point.

changeling

changeling

A Rock God
The Larkin Poe sisters just released a new single off their upcoming album due to be out in Nov.

B

BeatleMatt

The wonderful voice of Natalie Merchant
Tigerlilly and Ophelia, heck any of her albums are fantastic.

changeling

changeling

A Rock God
Donna 'Debbie" McCain from Wolvesptit (2022 album)

:):) FB IMG 1661441876120

Last edited:
changeling

changeling

A Rock God
Nikki Stringfield of the Iron Maidens, the official all-femme Iron Maiden tribute band Nikki Stringfield Promo Watermarked 54DX0A8242 scaled e157788846760366a173fb 59a2 49e1 8caf 675e95370777

• Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic