When did you first hear Pink Floyd?

Kiki66?

I think most people remember the first time they heard Pink Floyd? Or is it just me? I was in high school and the group of boys I hung around with were listening and got me hooked.

By the time I got old enough to go and see them, they were just so big that they were way out of my price range, so no I have never seen the Floyd live unfortunately. Some of my better off mates went to see them in the 90's during that pulse tour.

I think it was in '73. I was listening to the radio and on comes a song that shook my rock foundations - I didn't catch the title of the song, but it had just been released ......later I found out it was Money. That demonic hypnotic riff got me hooked forever. Since then, I started digging into the earlier stuff and discovered psychedelic nuggets like See Emily Play, Arnold Layne and Careful with that Axe, Eugene.....it was a retro thing for me.....the rest is history.
Paradoxically, I felt indifference for The Wall and I started to lose interest in PF :)

For me it was Momentary Lapse of Reason - I was in 7th grade when I first heard Learning to Fly on the radio. I discovered the band retroactively from there. I like the older psychedelic stuff. The Meddle to Animals era is my favorite.

I think it was in '73. I was listening to the radio and on comes a song that shook my rock foundations - I didn't catch the title of the song, but it had just been released ......later I found out it was Money. That demonic hypnotic riff got me hooked forever. Since then, I started digging into the earlier stuff and discovered psychedelic nuggets like See Emily Play, Arnold Layne and Careful with that Axe, Eugene.....it was a retro thing for me.....the rest is history.
Paradoxically, I felt indifference for The Wall and I started to lose interest in PF :)
Agree with you on The Wall! I rarely listen to the album, and every time I’ve seen the movie I can’t decide if there’s something I’m missing, or if it is just kind of silly.

Forum Community

Adminstrator Moderator Member Fanatic